Our Participation Project aims to develop the confidence and skills of young people to enable their involvement in decision-making, planning & leading youth work provision.
The young people involved in Phase 1 of our Participation Project were successful in securing funding from the BIG Lottery Young Start fund to continue and expand the project so that it will benefit more young people from across the Highlands. You can read more about Phase 1 of the Participation Project here.
The project is a really exciting opportunity for young people to gain skills that enable them to get involved in the running of their youth clubs and groups.
The young people involved in our Participation Project are:
- learning new skills in participation, decision-making, leadership... (and lots more!)
- being supported and helped to share their new skills with other young people
- taking part in team building activities and adventurous outdoor activities
- meeting new people from all over the Highlands
- going on FREE residential weekends away!
Young people involved in the project last year said:
“Best weekend ever! Loved it! I really enjoyed everything...”
“Complete amazing awesomeness and I wanna do it again!”
“It was amazing – let’s do it again next weekend!”
“Loved it – the whole experience was just amazing”
Find out about the new group's first residential in April 2013 here.