Get Set for Play toolkit now available!
19 January 2012
The toolkit was launched at our Get Set for Play training event in November 2011. Funded by Inspiring Scotland’s Go Play fund, this bright and accessible toolkit is full of information and advice on introducing play activities into your youth club or group.
“It’s the best toolkit of its kind that I have seen”
“It is simply fantastic”
It includes a section full of ideas for activities and games, as well as information about the benefits of play, challenges and solutions, and paperwork (and we’ve included template policies and forms to make the paperwork as pain free as possible!).
Also included is information about risk benefit assessments, an approach to risk assessment which is increasingly popular in the youth work and play sectors. The toolkit explains what they are, how to do them, and we've included a worked example of a risk benefit assessment.
The publication is available free of charge to all Youth Highland member clubs and groups, and is being distributed as clubs renew their Youth Highland membership.
It is also available at a small charge for non-members - £13 for Youth Scotland members, £18 for non-members. Download an order form here.
- 30/01/2013 Youth Highland's New Participation Project Gets Going...
- 27/11/2012 100 years of Service to the Young People of the Highlands
- 19/09/2012 Join the Youth Highland Board
- 22/08/2012 Let's Make a Music Video
- 19/01/2012 Get Set for Play toolkit now available!
- 31/10/2011 Get Set for Play!
- 14/10/2011 Quality Youth Work Training Initiative Starts
- 04/10/2011 Raising Money for Youth Highland
- 09/08/2011 Girls on the Move in the Highlands
- 27/07/2011 New Quality Youth Work Training Initiative