Fusion 2012 was a partnership led by Youth Highland, involving High Life Highland and Action for Children. The partnership received CashBack for Communities funding to provide free youth work activities to young people across the Highlands during the winter and spring months of 2012.
Between January and May 2012 the Fusion partnership ran 119 youth work events in communities across the Highlands. These events were attended by 2842 young people.
Young people were involved in planning the Fusion events. A wide range of youth work activities were offered. These included:
• Small scale arts and crafts activities (such as mug decorating, jewellery making, t-shirt printing, pottery)
• Large scale arts activities (such as graffiti murals)
• Team sports activities (such as football, dodge ball)
• Fitness activities (such as zumba, body-zorbing, swimming, golf)
• Laser tag
• Health and beauty activities
• Baking, cooking and cake decorating
• Music activities and events (including battle of the bands)
• Film making activities
• Film screenings
• Outdoor pursuits activities (including climbing walls, walking on water balls)
• Silent discos
Lots of positive feedback was received about the Fusion events from young people, parents, youth workers and local communities. This quote from a young person in Kinlochleven was fairly representative of the feedback we recieved: “It was brilliant – the best thing I have ever been to”