The Dynamic Youth Awards are peer assessed awards recognising the contributions and achievements of young people in the 10 to 14 age group.
Key Features of the Award:
- They are peer assessed: young people assess and award certificates as part of an Award Group
- They are externally accredited by ASDAN, the Award Scheme Development and Accreditation Network
- They are credit rated on the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA). (For more information on this click here)
- They are non-prescriptive: the awards complement existing quality youth work practice providing a framework, not a programme
- They encourage and support youth participation: the process encourages young people to take increasing responsibility for their own future
- They are progressive: the awards encourage continuing participation and increasing responsibility
- They can be used as an access route to the Youth Achievement Awards.
More information can be found on the Dynamic Youth Award pages of the Youth Scotland website, including a 5 step guide to the awards, example case studies, information on how the awards link with the Curriculum for Excellence and tools for delivering the awards.
All Youth Highland member clubs and groups have free access to the Dynamic Youth Awards.
Youth Highland runs introductory training sessions on Dynamic Youth Awards, for upcoming training dates please take a look at our training calendar.